Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Goals without plans are just dreams

It is important to know what you want - that's a goal. Know that there is something out there to strive for can be motivating. However, without a plan of action you will just focus on the end results without ever getting there.

I know people who put pictures of Tuscany on their walls and say "someday." What is lacking is the plan. How much does it cost? How would I get there? What small things do I need to do each day to accomplish the task of getting to Tuscany? What obstacles could I run into? Have I done the research?

Hmmmm - Rarely do we go on a trip with our maps, itineraries and some thought to our travels - if the end result is the destination.

The person with the picture on the wall is just dreaming.

Have a goal - set up a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment